Tuesday 1 February 2011

Three Things February.

I've tried listing a product a day. I failed. I've tried eating a piece of fruit a day. I failed. I've tried walking at least 1 mile a day. I failed. Pretty sure I will be able to manage this. Unless I have some sort of finger catastrophy, my brain falls out or I lose all interweb connection I will manage to do #3thingsfebruary every day this month.

It's all the idea of Sarah Rooftops and the idea is to simply find joy and good things in every day life. Sometimes days are long, drawn out and full of stress but there must always be something that can make you smile. In the case of this project, there must always be 3 things that can make you smile.

In Sarah's words (she explains it better) "These can be big events or exciting news; they can be silly little jokes or fleeting, seemingly insignificant moments; they can be pretty sights, nice smells, compliments, ideas, anything at all as long as they put a smile on your face."

Tuesday 1st February. Starting off a bit bus themed.

01. All Day Bus Pass. Today I loved my all day bus pass from Lothian Buses. I don't often hear people praising the Edinburgh bus services but their £3 all day pass is excellent value. Today I went on 9 buses so it saved me a massive £7.80. I like this.

02. People Watching. One of the advantages of travelling by bus is sitting on the top deck and people watching, I could people watch all day and never get bored of it. I particularly enjoyed looking into basement offices on Queen Street and seeing one guy with a picture of Jedward on his desk?

03. Being Thanked. Getting on the bus on Lauriston Place there was a lady struggling to get off the bus as the hoards hadn't waited for her to leave before cramming on. She had a pram with a sleeping child in it, and was also carrying a baby. I took the pram to the pavement for her while she carried the baby off. She thanked me and told me that I was the first person to ever offer her help since she had been in Edinburgh. It's nice to get thanked although I felt quite bad embarrased the rest of the bus just sat and watched her struggle.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great idea, and what a fun post to read.

Unfortunately in my world this is all balanced out by the slime and unidentifiable gunk on the seat of the bus, I hope yours are cleaner.

Gonna come back and see what you come up with next!

Anonymous said...

These are lovely!!! People watching from buses is one of my favourite things. :)

Charlotte said...

I don't mind the people watching, I make up stories about the people I see on public transport, but witnessing the most inane bus conversations during the morning commute drives me insane!

Blue Skies,
Charlotte xo

SparkleSmith said...

Brahm, relatively clean buses here so long as you avoid the last bus between Glasgow & Edin on a Saturday night :)